Easy Fruit Salad
Vanilla Fruit Salad
The BEST Fruit Salad with a hint of vanilla that brings all the juices of the fruit together! It’s an incredibly easy must-have side dish that looks beautiful and tastes like summer. This is always sure to be a crowd favorite!
How to make the BEST fruit salad
To start you’ll need to decide what fresh fruit you want to use. There is no right or wrong way to make this fruit salad. Heck, I don’t think I’ve ever made it the exact same way twice. The secret ingredient that brings the whole salad together is Jell-O vanilla instant pudding. You don’t have to use much of the pudding mix to get all the flavors and juices from the fruit to blend into a delicious fruit salad.
What fruit should I use?
This really is your preference and how much washing and cutting you want to do. Some fruits that can be washed and thrown in like grapes and blueberries are an easy choice to speed up the prep. You’ll also probably want to consider what fruit is in season near you at the time you’re making this. This makes a beautiful summer fruit salad because fresh fruit is in abundance. I like to use a variety of sweet and tart fruits to make a yummy combination.
Ingredients for Easy Vanilla Fruit Salad
- Strawberries – good strawberries will have nice red color, no dark mushy spots, no mold, and check the leaves, make sure they are not wilted.
- Pineapple – to pick a good pineapple give it a smell it should have that sweet pineapple scent. The skin should be turning yellow and you should be able to easily pluck a leaf from the crown.
- Blueberries – Small firm blueberries tend to be sour and large plump blueberries tend to be sweeter.
- Green grapes – should be firm and plump, the should have a nice color and stay intact on the stem.
- Kiwi – to select kiwi give them a gentle squeeze. If it’s hard it will be sour and unripe, but too soft and it will be mushy. You may need to let them ripen a few days to get the desired ripeness.
- Vanilla Jell-O- 5.1 oz box of instant vanilla pudding mix
Serve Vanilla Fruit Salad
When you have all of the fruit washed and chopped place it in a large serving bowl and sprinkle 1-2 Tbsp. of the instant vanilla pudding mix over the fruit. Stir gently to coat the fruit and cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. You may also like Instant Pot corn on the cob & Instant Pot pasta salad for your next get-together.
Easy Instant Pot Recipes To Make Tonight
How to make
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
Make Your Own Instant Pot Recipe Cookbook using my Free Printables.
No more looking for that recipe you liked and trying to remember cook times. Using my free printable Instant Pot Recipe Sheet, a three-hole punch, page protectors, and a three-ring binder you can finally organize all your favorite recipes in one place.
Easy summer fruit salad
- 3 cups blueberries
- 3 cups green grapes halved
- 6-7 Kiwis chopped
- 2 lbs. strawberries chopped
- 1 medium pineapple cored, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp. Vanilla Jell-O pudding mix (powder)
- Wash and prepare fruit
- Grapes can be halved if desired
- Chop strawberries, kiwis, and pineapple into bite sized pieces.
- Sprinkle 1-2 Tbsp of vanilla Jell-O pudding mix on the fruit and stir to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes prior to serving.
Use whatever fresh fruit is in season near you and feel free to sub in your favorites. Start with 1 Tbsp of Jell-O pudding mix and add more if needed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 95mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is an estimate.