Instant Pot Cajun Turkey Breast
Instant Pot Cajun Turkey Breast
This turkey breast is nothing like you’ve ever had before! This is packed full of flavor and so juicy and moist you’ll never want to make a turkey in the oven again. This recipe was adapted from a Cajun injected turkey I made one year in the oven. I liked that it was much more flavorful than a traditional turkey but my picky husband who really dislikes traditional turkey LOVES this Instant Pot Cajun Turkey breast.
Cooking a turkey in the Instant Pot
The best part of making a turkey breast in the instant pot is it can be cooked in under an hour. Cooking this 6 lb turkey breast for 6 minutes per pound plus time to come to pressure and naturally release the pressure and your right about an hour total! You can use the basic directions for cooking any bone-in turkey breast in the Instant Pot, but if you want to kick it up a notch I encourage you to make it Cajun!
Still confused about how to use your Instant Pot? I want to help you.
This 24-page Ultimate Instant Pot Beginners Guide is the only complete guide for any new or veteran Instant Pot user.
Included in your digital download:
• Getting started guide
• Instant Pot overview with photos
• 16 common Instant Pot terms you need to know
• Tips & Tricks
• 7 Common issues explained
• Instant Pot accessories guide
• 2 Page Cooking time chart
• High Altitude Chart
• 10 Recipes with cooking instructions
• Recipe Blank for your own recipe binder
• Weekly menu planner printable
• Grocery list printable
What’s in my kitchen:
How to make Cajun Injected Turkey Breast
First, start by blending up all the injection ingredients in the blender. Next using a meat marinade injector like this draw up the mixture and inject it in multiple spots throughout the turkey breast. The breast will visually fill up as you do this. Stop when the marinade starts to seep back out and the breast is very plump.
How to make a dry rub
In a small bowl mix all the rub ingredients (spices) together. Pat the skin of the turkey breast dry with a paper towel and generously rub the spice mixture all over the turkey breast.
More Holiday Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot turkey breast done in less then 60 minutes. Incredibly moist and flavorful.
- For Injecting Into Turkey:
- 1 Tbs. Worchestershire
- 1/4 Cup Apple Juice
- 1 Tbs. Honey
- 1 Tbs. Sea Salt
- 3 Tbs. Creole Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne
- 2 tsp. Granulated Garlic
- 2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 14.5 oz Can Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- Dry Rub Ingredients:
- 2 Tbs. Butter (for rubbing on skin)
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Creole Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- Other Ingredients:
- 2 Tbs. EVOO
- 1 White Onion Quartered
- 1 Tbs. Minced Garlic
- 1 14.5 oz Can Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- Completely thaw turkey breast in the fridge
- Remove packaging and discard sauce packet.
- Make the marinade by blending all of the ingredients together for 2-3 minutes from the first list.
- Using a marinade injector like this one fill the injector and inject turkey in the breast in multiple areas. You will have to fill the syringe numerous times.
- You will visually see the turkey breast plump up as you are injecting.
- There will be leftover marinade, do not discard.
- Pat the skin of the turkey with a paper towel then coat the outside with butter.
- Combine dry rub ingredients and rub generously all over the turkey breast.
- Turn on Saute function and add EVOO
- When the display reads HOT add minced garlic and onion.
- Saute until onion is translucent.
- Add 1 cup of low sodium chicken stock and deglaze the bottom
of the pan. Add the remainder of the marinade to the broth.
- Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot
- Place turkey breast on the trivet breast side up
- Lock lid in place and vent to sealing position
- Set cook time according to the weight of your turkey breast. 6-7 min per lb.
- When the cook cycle is finished let the pressure naturally release completely.
- Using a meat thermometer check that the internal temperature has reached 165° in the thickest part of the breast.
- When trivet handles are cool enough to remove lift turkey breast to a cutting board to cool.
- Reserve stock in the Instant Pot for gravy.
- When the stock has cooled slightly pour through a fine metal strainer to remove any tidbits.
- Place turkey breast back in the Instant Pot and place mealthy lid on top for 5 minutes at 425° to crisp the skin. (can alternately be placed underneath the broiler)
- Let rest 10 minutes before slicing
To make gravy
- Return 2 cups reserved stock to the Instant Pot or saucepan.
- Using the saute setting combine stock and 2 Tbs. butter.
- When the butter has melted slowly whisk in 1/4 cup all-purpose flour. Continue whisking while gravy reduces and thickens about 3-4 minutes.
The turkey will have amazing flavor but won't be too spicy, however, the gravy will be on the spicy side due to the adding the marinade. If you prefer a more traditional gravy don't add the remaining marinade to the instant pot prior to cooking and use turkey drippings to make your gravy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g